What is a Naturopathic Physician?
- A naturopathic physician is a general practitioner educated in conventional medical sciences, but is not a medical doctor (MD). ND’s prefer a more natural approach to medicine, using non-invasive treatments.
- Naturopaths help patients in many different areas, such as Women’s Health Care and Gynecology, Men’s Health Care, Pediatric Wellness, Weight Management, and Therapeutic Nutrition, to name a few.
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
- Find the Cause:
- Naturopaths are trained to find the underlying cause of every illness which can sometimes be found in certain aspects of your lifestyle, environment or diet. Treatment is then directed toward the causes of the patient’s illness.
- Therapeutic Tools:
- Naturopaths use a variety of therapeutic tools, including, herbal medicine, vitamin and mineral supplements, lifestyle modification, nutrition, exercise, counseling, and prescription drugs when they are appropriate for the patient.
- Treat the Whole Person:
- Naturopaths believe that health and disease are a result of many factors, including physical, emotional, spiritual, dietary, genetic, environmental, lifestyle and others. Naturopathic physicians take all of these factors into account when treating patients.